* Advances in the Toshiba Dynastron technology, including an improved
photo-diode configuration and optimized pixel size, brought pixel pitch
down to 2.2 microns, with uncompromised image quality. These advances
led to a 3.2 megapixel count in a 1/3.2-inch format and 2.0 megapixel
count in a 1/4-inch format.
* In video mode, ET8EE6-AS offers high-speed 15-frames per second (fps)
in QXGA output, and 30fps in 3-to-1 vertical pixel binning. ET8EF2-AS
also supports 15fps in UXGA output, and 30fps in VGA output.
* To support simplified design of an optimized camera system, ET8EE6-AS
provides integrated automatic blemish detection and correction, gain
control and lens shading compensation.
* Features of the ET8EF2-AS include auto white balance, auto luminance
control, and automatic blemish correction.
* ET8EF2-AS also incorporates an ISP to provide advanced functions,
- Digital zoom
- Windowing to any arbitrary size with panning
- Image down sizing with programmable decimation
- Picture flip that includes right/left flip and top/bottom flip
- Picture effects that include monochrome, negative, sepia, antique,
sketch and emboss
* Both products incorporate a flexible input clock supported by a
phase-locked loop circuit.
Technical Specification Summary
Part Number: ET8EE6-AS ET8EF2-AS
Optical format 1/3.2-inch 1/4-inch
Megapixel Approx. 3.2 Approx. 2.0
Pixel count 2,080 (H) x 1,560 (V) (max.) 1,664 (H) x 1,248 (V) (max.)
Cell size 2.2 microns (H) x 2.2microns (V)
Output signal RAW data: 12bit parallel/sub YUV422/ RGB686/ RGB565/
LVDS (serial) RGB444/RAW (parallel)
Frame rate 15fps at QXGA output; 15fps at UXGA output;
30fps at 3-to-1 vertical 30fps at VGA output
control I2C bus
Power supply 1.8V (digital) 1.8V (digital, I/O)
2.8V (analog, I/O) 2.8V (analog)
temperature: -20 degrees to 60 degrees C
Package Non-diced wafer
Updated Oct. 10, 2006: Here is the link to the official Toshiba press-release: http://www.toshiba.com/taec/news/press_releases/2006/wrls_06_445.jsp